Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 234th, USA

I slept in on this, our birthday. Had breakfast around noon, and did some more planning for San Francisco (that's this month!). We took off for our friend's house, getting there on time at 3pm. There were chili dogs and apple pies... and I successfully only had one piece. :)

We got back home at 8pm, and the fireworks were just getting started. I listened to the approving and reading of the Declaration from "John Adams" and "But, Mr. Adams" from 1776 on YouTube. I then enjoyed the last three innings of a replayed Mariners game with Mom. It was then ten o'clock, and things were really going off in earnest. I watched half a dozen fireworks shows from my bedroom window and then decided to experience all 360 degrees... I went outside and kept turning around to see everything going off. Big star-bursts and flares of all colors... and so much noise! It felt like the invasion of France. After a while I went for a short walk. I headed northwest until I got to the place that was really going crazy. I stayed a couple minutes until a few burning embers fell at my feet amid a street littered with fireworks residue as if it were confetti. It was 11 pm and time to go home. :)

Jp

No comments: