Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sprinkles

Not a whole lot to report from yesterday, except that after work I thought about biking, but didn't get around to going outside until it was 8:30. Much too late to drive out to Woodinville... and then Spiffy sat there begging to go on a walk. I had just spent a half-hour working on the trip, and the poor boy spent the whole time lying at my feet waiting for me to get up. So I gave in and we had a good walk. But that meant all I could do for a comparable workout was running. But as I started, and continued, I felt pretty good. I wasn't heaving for breath at the end of the first half-mile, so I went around again for a complete mile. And I wasn't gasping! I think I might be getting better at it... maybe.

Last night I woke up at 3 am in dire pain from my period after dreaming about boot camp. I found the irony rather funny after I thought about it, but for a few moments of disorientation I figured that I must be quite insane to join the service. :)

And I'm 2 for 2 this week having something for breakfast. I've decided it's something that will help me feel better and be healthier, and I think it's helping.

I was also desperate to work out last night because they said it was going to be our only dry night this week. Today we had some sprinkles, but nothing too crazy. Just got back from a quick walk with the dog - we watched a movie tonight - Run Silent, Run Deep (1958, Clark Gable) - so it was dark out by the time we started and the ground was wet, but that was all... We also had our family Bible study again for the first time in a few weeks, and we finished James. It was good. Spiffy didn't last long on our walk tonight, though. I don't think he cares much for night walks.

Jp

No comments: