Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fun Days!

I've just spent around six hours entertaining friends and family who came over for a celebration and open house for Meg's doctorate. Mom and I put all the decorations out and Dad and I picked up the platters of food from Fred Meyer this morning. Poor Doggy! People were coming and going the entire time. For everyone's sanity, he had to stay in Mom & Dad's room as all the door bells went off. I was able to have a nice conversation with my 96 year old Grandma and I entertained a 6 year old son of one of Meg's friends with my dinosaurs. :) My brachiosaurus turned into a meat-eater and had a triceratops for a son... LOL

Yesterday morning was spent cleaning the house rather thoroughly: I did all the vacuuming (and thought of friends with similar goals as I did) before my friend came over. That was about 2pm that we went out to have Thai food. I had the same beef salad with tomato and cucumber that I had had on Thursday with the ladies at work. Right after that we headed over to the university to catch the softball game... the Huskies are hosting the first round of the NCAA regional tournament (they were the National Champs last year). But when we got there we found out the game was sold out. :( My friend wanted to get something at the U bookstore, so we went to upper campus (free parking on the weekend!) and did a little shopping. We then drove back down to the wetlands trail near the stadium, but it was a little too wet:

















So we decided to walk over to the stadium along the Montlake Cut (waterway between Lake Washington and Lake Union) and we ended up arriving while the game was still on! So we climbed up the north bleachers of the stadium which overlooks the softball stadium! We had a bird-eye view for the last two innings! for free! :)

And Danielle Lawrie struck out the very last batter for the win! - and as I just linked that, I found out that they won again today, sending them on to the next regional series... against Oklahoma... - didn't think I'd be saying this, but... BEAT THE SOONERS! :) no offense, of course. :)

From that high up in Husky Stadium, we had a pretty good view of Lake Washington and the 520 bridge:And during a very fun chat last night, we watched "State Fair" for some good, old-fashioned entertainment. What a weekend! And I had such a dream last night that I awoke after nine this morning with the thought that I was late for work. I guess I'll save that for tomorrow.

Jp

No comments: