Saturday, May 8, 2010

Simply Perfect

Woke up very early, but stayed in bed til just after 8. The sunshine was brilliant, just like the last two days, so today I decided to seize the chance. By 9 o'clock I headed out the door for a run. Did skips and lunges on the way to the main street that goes through our neighborhood to warm up a bit and then I ran a half-mile, walked a half-mile and repeated it on the way back. Although not too hungry when I returned by 9:35, I fried a couple scrambled eggs. It really is best to eat right away after working out. Gosh, I felt wonderful!

I took the dog on a quick little jaunt through the park with my camera, and when I returned him home I had to go again and pick up something he left there. And I just enjoyed the sunshine, swinging on the huge, green swing-set next to the pool. I walked around a bit, totally satisfied with the day and the peaceful singing of the birds. While out & about I tried out push-ups again and hit the milestone of 19! Which is a passing grade! When I returned, I cleaned up and then it was time for lunch. After that, Mom & Dad and I enjoyed a silly Jack Benny movie "To Be or Not To Be". They were a little confused when I described it beforehand as a "Nazi Comedy". LOL! What fun!

We've just enjoyed some strawberries from the store on some shortcake... so much for dieting! But I suppose fruit and shortbread is not the worst thing one could eat. How I love spring time!

Tonight we're going to go visit my Grandma in Monroe for a few minutes to wish her happy mother's day for tomorrow, since tomorrow we will be on the plane to go see Meg give her defense in Miami on Monday. Flying to Miami takes all day, especially when you consider the three hours we lose when we get there. Not my favorite place to visit, but at least seeing Meg defend her dissertation (which I just finished reading yesterday) will be very exciting (truly).

Jp

No comments: