Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fives

As I biked along the Sammamish River trail tonight at 5:05 pm (I like to keep track of how fast I go), I saw a Mallard swimming on the river. But I had to stop and watch her because I noticed a little one with her. When I looked closer (while not going 15 MPH) I saw that she had 5 of them flitting around her. Cute little things. I love how they zip around Mommy.

I had not yet gone 5 minutes more before I saw two ladies standing near the river, peering down over the edge, so I stopped because I noticed three Canadian geese and lots of young ones. As they jumped off the bank into the river I counted twelve. So cute! And just around the corner was mile post 5.

So I biked for an hour for 15 miles (another day, another hour ride), going all the way from Woodinville to Marymoor Park in Redmond. Some high school baseball games were being played, so I stopped for a second and watched. And I noticed on all the backstops they had signs saying "Marymoor Wi-Fi Hotspots" for free Internet. What? So Mom's and Dad's can ignore their kid's games? Oh well. Strange day and age we live in.

And I finally finished planning my big New England trip! I've been planning and re-planning since I bought airplane tickets in February and before. Yay! It's in just under three weeks! Yay! And that was pretty much all of yesterday. I tried to do a Navy workout, but it got canceled. I'm just giving excuses for not working out as much as I should. :)

What a beautiful day, again!
Jp

No comments: