Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snoring and Swallowing

Yesterday I was so wiped out... I was thinking of getting up for Denny's free Grand Slam, and I totally forgot Monday night and woke up barely in time to get to work. At work I wrote a user's guide for reviewing and filing our material certifications that come in; I think it may have fried my brain! When I got home I picked up my room a bit and then laid down for a minute before having leftovers for dinner. And after dinner my parents were talking about something and I couldn't take any conversation. I went and laid down again... and I fell deeply asleep and didn't wake up til about 8:30, when my parents came home again from an errand they were going to do. Heh! I guess I needed it! So they came home, we did our Bible reading, and by that time I was thoroughly awake again, so we watched "Road to Utopia" and it was a hoot! :) But all of you know that already!

I think I got enough sleep last night... I was able to wake myself up. So our department boss had his 50th birthday today, so my boss and some coworkers brought in this fabulous breakfast... homemade sausage, egg and potato casserole, lots of fruit - big slices of fresh oranges, most importantly - and blueberry crumble, and doughnuts, and muffins... and it was a lot. I only had a bite of most things, but I had a ton of orange slices. And then tomorrow is my coworker's last day, so we and our two new employees went out to Coho's Cafe (our usual haunt) and I tried the ginger chicken lettuce wraps (along with my customary Seafood Bisque) and it was excellent!

I'm feeling rested and satisfied!
Jp

No comments: