Thursday, February 11, 2010

Goodbye, Friend!

Today at work I only did a couple things, but they all took a long time. First I moved around shelves and filing cabinets in my downstairs office for all the rejected hardware; we call it "MRB" for Material Review Board. I even worked up a sweat! And my hands were so filthy! There's an overhead heater system in that little room that spews out all sorts of sooty dirt... and it's constant, noisy rumbling can really get to you sometimes... my right ear was ringing nearly all day. I swear I heard some beeping too... like you hear during a hearing test... that was a little freaky.

All during the day I entered around 75 part numbers into our system. That took forever. Around 4 o'clock, Nicole was frantically getting everything she could done before she had to go to her exit interview. She teared up when she started to take things off her wall. Poor dear! I will miss her a ton! I get to take over her program that's shipping in a couple days... so she tied in with me on that.

The party was at the "Lucky 7 Saloon" in Totem Lake. Zoe and Jeanne were already there when I walked in, and soon, there was a large crowd. I had a BLT sandwich with avocado, because I was very hungry. Only had a P&J for lunch because I wanted to make up for lost time on Wednesday. I tried two different beers from the pitchers on the table. One light and one darker, and I think I liked the darker one better. It was fun just to sit and talk and watch everyone. I am so not used to the bar scene. :)

Goodness, I am going to miss her! We had about four different hugs when we said goodbye... Nicole and I. We've worked pretty closely for the last 3 and a half years: all my time at Aerojet. Monday will be shocking when she's not there.

Jp

PS... I watched "Gentleman's Agreement" for the first time last night... another one that I had seen on ads a long time ago and never got around to. I think I love Gregory Peck. What an incredible, thoughtful movie!

No comments: