Monday, February 8, 2010

Surprise!

Well, today was full of the unexpected!

In the first half-hour of work, I was trying to find a spec for an engineer... and when my coworker and I were looking for it in the old KM files, we happened upon yet another stash of documents, released and unreleased from our former Doc. Control clerk who left the company 11 months ago. It took up nearly the entire morning, sorting it out and cleaning it up.

I spent the rest of the day doing all sorts of jobs... scrapping parts, entering part numbers, completing change requests, finding paperwork... and then, near the end of the day, as we were getting ready for our new employees to make it over from HR, I go to my boss's office to give her a change request of hers, and she and her boss ask me to come back in. And then they tell me all our jobs in the Data Center have been re-assessed by the company, and they're giving us a 6% raise... effective today! How utterly unexpected!

Yesterday was uneventful... besides a nice little celebration for Meg, for her birthday this week - we had steak for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert - otherwise, I spent a lot of the day sleeping. There comes a time every month where I greatly dislike being a woman... and yesterday was it. I slept on the comfy chair in the kitchen for hours... and then I laid down on the couch and watched the last quarter and a half of the Super Bowl with Dad. A rather good game, actually. Both sides played really well; there was lots of movement on the field, lots of 1st downs.

Later on, Mom and Dad and I watched "The Caine Mutiny" (1954) Bogart. It was very interesting, and I liked it a lot. Very different role for Bogart, compared to the roles I've seen him in. Oh, and tonight, Mom and I watched "Bringing up Baby" (1938) which I was completely unfamiliar with... and I was a bit surprised by the storyline, but I spent nearly the whole thing laughing. :)

Jp

1 comment:

Jake said...

Sometimes its good to have a lazy day even if you aren't feeling the best. Jake.