Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dragging, Then Springing Along

Well, I forgot to get into my pajamas last night. Just fell asleep on top of my bed... and didn't wake up until my Dad called to me at last chance to get up before work... or 6:30.

And I was practically half-asleep all morning. Gee... it was hard to go back to work after lunch at home. I had spent the morning getting errors fixed and MO's reviewed, and when I went back, it was time to do more training the new Document Control clerk. She has lots of experience though (and can navigate Excel far faster than I can), so it was incredibly easy to train her. She told me that I had a knack at making her giggle (in a nice way - lol) when she hasn't been able to much at her jobs in the past. That was very sweet of her. Both of our new people are very nice and very good at picking things up and doing it right. What a blessing!

So instead of make me more tired, training actually made me quite awake! I went from one job to the next the rest of the day and pretty nearly cleared off my desk (with a little help from my friends). :)

Last night after leftovers for dinner, Mom and Dad and I watched "Antwone Fisher" (2002, with Denzel Washington) from Netflix. It's about a young sailor who gets into fights and works through his past with a Navy psychiatrist. It's all about love, and working through your problems... and it was very beautiful. It also showed a bit of life in the modern Navy (sort of) and was very fun to watch on top of it being an excellent story.

Tonight it's pretty much just getting ready for our trip tomorrow morning. Mom made a fabulous dinner... a big, fresh salad to make use of the tomato and greens before we leave, and tilapia, baked with spices, and then some freshly steamed asparagus. YUM! Tomorrow, the flight leaves at 8:30 AM Pacific and we arrive at 6:30 PM Eastern, because of a plane change in Houston. I just packed, and it didn't take long. Only took an hour to pick everything out and put it together... including going back and forth on what books I'm taking. :)

There will be pretty nearly an Internet black-out for me these coming ten days. My grandparents don't believe in spending much of any time on the Internet, save for checking e-mail once in a while. I may be able to post a line or two, but that will be all. But be prepared for a barrage when I get back though. :) And that will be the evening of Sunday the 28th.

Everyone have a swell week and then some!
I'll keep you in my prayers, especially those of you who are not feeling well.

Love,
Jp

No comments: