Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Gone!

I got tired of long hair this week. It's been a long time in growing out, and I really miss the no-hassle hairdo of a couple years ago. This one's a bit different though... instead, it's only shortened to just past my ears. So on Monday night, Mom did a lovely job of it, and my head feels so much lighter.

And speaking of being tired, I got to work an hour early on Monday, because I thought something needed to be done ASAP that morning... which ended up being ASAP Tuesday morning... gosh. At least it was done beforehand... :) And then that evening I went for a run before dinner because I got home and it was still light out (because I was early), and it was a nice change of pace after all. But gosh, I've been pretty tired these last couple days even though I've been getting to bed around 10 pm each night!

In family happenings this week, Dad and I went and played some cards with my Grandma in Monroe on Monday night. We played three hands of Skip-Bo, and we each won one. It was really good to see my Grandma again. She just turned 96 last month and her aging is accelerating. It's hard for her to pick up the cards because her hands are stiff and she gets dizzy when she stands up, so that she's practically going to fall over. It's amazing she's doing as well as she is though. She's always been a vibrant person.

At home, my parents and I have been re-watching A&E's Horatio Hornblower series. We've done one each night this week, and it's been fun. Always will enjoy that.

Work has been pretty crazy this week. I've been doing a lot of training the new folks in our department and working on data books for my co-worker's program (who is off this week). I've been getting pretty darn worn out by the end of the day... I hope I can clear off my desk on Thursday before Mom and I take off on Friday.

We're going to take off this Friday morning for North Carolina to visit my Grandparents for ten days. It will be a good mid-winter break, to relax, visit and not think about work or things like that for a good while. Don't think I've ever seen snow on the ground there before... so this will be way fun! And it will be my first snow this whole winter! (sorry for all you blizzard-bound folks... I know it's nothing much to get excited about :)

Jp

No comments: