Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just Another Day

I kept myself very busy at work today... lots of things needed putting away and spiffing up. And I successfully stopped myself from eating any of the many leftover treats from yesterday. Had a quick lunch because my Dad needed to get back to a meeting before he took off for business trip to California this afternoon. Just a pit stop really... no time for even our usual Backgammon. So I really kept eating to a minimum :) A day of recovery :)

And Mom took off this morning to pick up her nativity collection from her friend at Mt. St. Helens (and won't be back until tomorrow) so directly after work, Meg told me to come over to Jason's house with them to share dinner and a fun evening together. Jason's Mom and family were in and out, but we had a lovely chicken stew to eat and then after everyone got back and after talking and such we sat down to a great game of Rummikub, which I won! :)

I went home around 9:30 and took care of Doggie-Boy. Other than that, I've been going through junk on/in my desk, as it had gotten out of control. I am happy to report that it is much better now. I don't have to dig to find a pen. :)

Oh, Jason gave me good advice tonight for visiting the Boston Navy Yard... with that and Linda's advice for Rhode Island, my plans are really coming together for that big New England trip... I think it will be fabulous! The trip will include a lot of naval and maritime history, as well as my original intent of hitting all the states and Revolutionary War sites in the north. It seems as if everything is falling into place! Truly, the Lord blesses me all the time!

Jp

No comments: