Saturday, December 19, 2009

So I'm Tired, Am I?

Gosh, on Friday I slept in as long as I could before going to work. And then I worked for four hours... had a great sandwich with that tomato I bought at Fred's this week... and between bites, and opening a Christmas package... I talked to Grandma Leeds (who has a foot of snow in NC), Dad (who was getting on a plane to come home), and Zac (who I just talked to again, who is in Phoenix right now on his way home). I then had to fly out the door to go meet the Navy for my 2nd meeting this month (two are required). Apparently I was the only one in the DEP who took my recruiter seriously in writing out what I think Honor, Courage and Commitment means to me. My recruiter wants me to take a leadership role in the DEP.

By the time I got home it was already 3:30-4 and I played Phase 10 with the FC. They beat me pretty badly, and I got in an ungracious mood. While this happened, Dad returned, then Mom, and we were going to start baking some cookies for my brother, but then we had dinner. Gosh, I was so tired; and I had a headache. I decided to go to sleep right away (and it was only 7:30PM).

I woke up a couple times... an hour later, midnight or so, and again at 4:45. I thought at first it would only be a nap, but I really needed to rest. The second time I wondered if this was such a good idea... and the third time I stayed up for about an hour and laid down for what I thought was going to be an hour or so. It turned out being around four hours. Didn't wake up until 10, and didn't get up for another 20 minutes. I slept very deeply and dreamed long, complicated dreams; at least 3 or 4 of them. I think it's around thirteen hours of sleep... and I'm enjoying sitting down to write this. :)

So I've had my Saturday morning breakfast, and Dad and I played Backgammon (and he killed me with a double 5). I think I might tear myself out of my chair and bake cookies now... after I take a brief nap.

Jp

No comments: