Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Feel Like a Lazy Bum

Today I had big plans: spend the morning stringing Christmas lights and then spend the rest of the day at Husky Stadium. And I did none of them.

I spent the morning journaling things that have been pressing on my mind... the sort a person likes to keep to themselves... and then having a leisurely breakfast with my sister and parents. My brother-in-law-to-be soon came over, and then we all went to check out a church for the wedding later next year. They "officially" got engaged yesterday... with kneeling and ring and kissing and all. I took some pictures for the family... especially the family that lives on the East Coast that have never seen him before.

Last night was... wow. Monk ended. Beautifully, too. Trudy's daughter is a 26-year-old single woman who blogs... Now I don't do this professionally, but I really felt a connection with her. :) Especially how she so quickly warmed to Monk. It was like they were really father and daughter, although technically, they weren't. How wonderfully beautiful!

Now it was a beautiful day here today, but I really didn't feel like getting cold (and blinded by the overhead sun) by putting lights outside... and I didn't want to go to the football game and possibly prolong my cold (which is almost gone now), so Mom and I went out to lunch at Panera Bread in Redmond, and then to that new Roland Dahl movie, Fantastic Mr. Fox (which I had never read... yet). They say it was pretty true to the book, and based on the other books I've read by him (The BFG, Charlie & Chocolate Factory, and Danny: Champion of the World), it seemed pretty darn good.

So it was a nice, relaxing day, and I watched the glorious second half of the Husky game on TV, where we just beat the No. 19 team in the nation... get this: 42 TO 10! Wowzers! Last season we were win-less... this season almost half & half. And what a way to finish! So I'm still here at home: warm, sitting down, and feeling like I don't have a cold any more.

Jp

No comments: