Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Lights

Today, I woke up late... :)

It was a nice slow day with the family. Nice big lunch (snack for dinner) and after I unexpectedly arranged a surprise through Facebook for next Sunday, I spent the rest of the evening putting up Christmas lights (finally!) on the big Japanese maple and on the windows, doors and garage out front. It was dry again today (otherwise this would have been postponed - because a great deal of crawling underneath the maple is required, and this is very uncomfortable when a cascade of drops fall on you when you shake a drenched branch) and it was very cold too! I needed both gloves and a beanie hat. But with those on, it was very nice and chilly outside. Very fun December weather.

I came back inside and put up the lights in the upstairs windows... two in the living room and one each in the two bedrooms (one's mine! :) My niece and nephew "helped" me put them up; and they were very cute. We finished out the evening with singing some carols in the living room. It's great to have little kids who are excited for Christmas! They're just starting to be the most fun ages! :)

Jp

No comments: