Friday, October 23, 2009

Until We Meet Again

I think this is the only time today I get access to a computer... right after work today, I'm heading over to my recruiter's and then we go on to Seattle where I stay the night. It'll be an adventure though, as I've never stayed overnight in downtown before :) I hope I'll get to see Monk on a hotel TV! That's something to look forward to at least. I'm bringing about four small books with me for tonight's stay and tomorrow morning's Physical. I'm not sure when I get done on Saturday, but I'll make sure to post yay or nay right away.

This week has been good. I was a little disheartened early on about my weight, so I spent a lot of time doing cardio workouts: there was Monday's run in the morning, and Wednesday I did Jazzercise, Thursday I did another mile in the morning as well as an eight-mile bike ride after work. I did Jazzercize again today and I've been keeping the meals to a minimum. For instance, I just had cucumber for breakfast. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Tuesday's class interfered with my workouts, but it was good for my heart in a different way :) We talked a lot about theology... in fact, some people who came early had asked questions about salvation, so when I arrived, the teacher was already teaching. The overview is sort of a backdrop as we talk about important doctrine, such as justification, sanctification and glorification. Gosh, I have read Romans lots of times, but I never stopped and thought about the implications of these things and what they specifically mean. Good to do! Good to be able to describe what it is you are reading! Duh!

On Netflix this week we had the first disc of 'Reilly: Ace of Spies' and I enjoyed it. Dude, that guy gets himself in sticky situations! My parents remember watching this on TV back when I was very little, so they are enjoying watching some of it for the first time. When we started the first one, I was surprised that it was set in 1901... not much done about that time period! So far it's covered oil in Russia, the Russo-Japanese War and the naval arms race with Germany in 1905... neat-o!

So, until Saturday afternoon, adieu! And although I won't be able to go to homecoming... Go Huskies!

Jp

No comments: