Friday, October 9, 2009

Overboard

Here I am catching up with the week again... I never do post at night.

Both Wednesday night and Thursday night I read chapters in the B-J's manual... all about ship nomenclature, design, types, functions and personnel assignments. And ever since Monday, I've started this diet that my brother used before he went in the Marines. So far it's just veggies (mostly made into a very healthy soup - that needs lots of spices) and fruits, besides Tuesday night with a baked potato and tonight and tomorrow, where it finally allows for beef. Last night after going through half of my bowl of soup and a bit of brussel sprouts, zucchini and avocado, I just stared at my bowl and put it in the fridge for today. Yikes! That's a lot of veggies. I've been doing mostly alright though because I only have one bowl at meals, and I don't eat breakfast. Others I know who have done this eat way too much of that soup! Goodness, it's been hard! My coworkers just got out my favorite fall candy on Monday... candy corn. And mom has been baking cookies all week long for the conference tonight and tomorrow. It's a darned good thing I can feel the results. I weighed myself on our extremely unreliable scale, and it looks like I've already lost 5 lbs. - we'll see how it goes. I'm feeling much thinner, that's for sure.

But along with all this, I have my doubts about the future. How dumb is it to quit your job in the middle of a recession? I have zero guarantees of finding one after the service, but a lot of the point of all this is to use the GI bill for either a master's degree in library science or (how 'bout this for random?) a band instrument repair tech. school. Maybe both? They pay for school and living costs for several years, and both of these are short programs. Okay, I'm going to stop second-guessing myself, trust in the Lord for all providence, serve the country and change my profession. Enough with being scared!

This was all running through my mind as I got up and did Jazzercise this morning and then came home and took a shower before work. I snacked on leftover zucchini for a post-workout snack on the way here. LOL

Wow, (rumble) I'm hungry!

Jp

No comments: