Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Day or Two

Sunday was so relaxing, it was quite an odd feeling. I woke up around 10, went to late service, got back around 12:45, had lunch with the family, sat down and talked, ate a big piece of both the Apple and Pumpkin pies that Mom made (YUM!), took a huge nap, woke up around 7:30 as the family was leaving, watched the end of the NY Giants & Yankee's games with Dad, then watched "The Naked Spur" (Jimmy Stewart - 1953) that I had never seen before (that Meg owns) with Mom & Dad. I had a bit of trouble with sleeping since I had overslept in my nap, but nothing much to write about.

Yesterday was a crazy Monday. I spent the entire morning wishing it was September, next year. People were freaking out about my data books that are required to be sent to our customer this week, and that was pretty much it. Things calmed down by the afternoon, but by then I was really close to sleeping with my head on my desk. It was generally a hard day. Going home was a great relief. We had leftovers for dinner and watched the next installment of Foyle's War. But the greatest encouragement was talking to my friend who is going to school in Florida. She had just finished her mid-terms and wanted to catch up... we hadn't talked since May! It was only a brief 45 minute conversation, but it was just what we needed. Lots of things had happened since then! :) No problem sleeping last night! But it sure was cold... 41 degrees outside this morning. It took effort and a half to get out of bed.

Jp

No comments: