Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teachings

Just came from my class... we worked our way through 1 & 2 Corinthians tonight, while we talked about other things like scripture translations, sanctification again (as the Corinthian Church was struggling with sin and someone in class didn't understand how they could be saved), the importance and sacredness of communion (at a level I hadn't considered before), and like every week, we talked about how the spiritual and material realms combine in Christ as he is Heaven come to Earth. I need to know scripture more... My head is swimming, thinking of all the things I want to do more. There needs to be a real effort made on my part to work at knowing the Bible better. That way I'll get to know Christ better; and what could be better?

I don't know how recently this was adopted, but the current Sailor's Creed (that I memorized on Sunday - on orders) is:

I am a United States Sailor.
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend democracy and freedom around the world.
I am proud to serve my country's Navy combat team
with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Now I'm really goin' swimmin'.

Jp

No comments: