Friday, October 16, 2009

And Again, Since Monday

Well, it finally decided to start steadily raining. I even got caught in it as I went to pick up data books in the next building this morning. But I could see bright sunshine over the Cascades... a beautiful sight despite the rain (which I don't mind too much in the first place). And now we're completely engulfed in dull, heavy clouds.

Not much has gone on this week. We watched a wonderful episode of Foyle's War on Monday night... a good story with lots of character development.

The story of this week is really just feeling frustrated and frayed at work. Ever since Monday afternoon I've had piles of work to do in all my departments. I came into work on Thursday morning after dreaming about chasing down traveling papers while trying to catch a plane and found that I couldn't find an MO that one of the Quality Engineers was hot for. Spent about an hour or more looking all over the place and asking a few people before my boss found it on my desk in my error pile, under a tool drawing. Sigh.

And with my check-in with my recruiter this afternoon, I found out that my net weight loss from two weeks ago is only 2 pounds... and I found out in order to do Electrical Tech, you need to sign for 6 years. Sigh... Next Saturday is the Physical, where I try to enter the Delayed Entry Program. I will talk to a detailer about my options as far as jobs go if I pass (which I'm pretty sure I will). I think I'll not worry about this now.

You should have heard the birds when I got home from work! Everywhere you looked there was a couple of them flying around. The whole world was full of singing... in the rain. :) I love all those little birdies.

Jp

No comments: