Saturday, September 5, 2009

What Day is it? Gameday!

Go Dawgs! (actually, that's how it really is spelled - no points taken)
We put the W in there to reference that we're from Washington... and our logo is a giant W. So today starts the 2009 season...
Good Night, and Good Luck! We've nowhere to go but up. :)

Thursday's practice ended up being just fine. We didn't do too much new stuff, since the only thing we had left to learn was the last drill for the last song. But yesterday... oh, dear, yesterday. I was so entirely worn out. And I slept in a bit and got to work even a little past our later start time... LOL! So when work was finally over, I just wanted to fall over. But I had lunch instead. And then Mom and I had a nice time reading and praying together. And then I checked email for the first time in a while (while at home) and then played Dad a game of Cribbage. Ooh boy, was I impatient with Dad counting all of his ridiculously good hands. He had pairs all the time, once a five card run, and a couple of times, hands with more than 12 points (6 points is a pretty good hand).

So after all that I lay down for about 10 minutes before I had to jump up and go to rehearsal again. But I put myself in a good mood by not caring if I got there on time (I needed to get some meat for dinner - in the form of a burger). So I did a quick drive through, and continued on to the U. When I got there, there were people charging 7 bucks to park where I usually do for 4... so because I wasn't there for the soccer game, the guy let me in for nothing (because my Husky Card was $0.50 short) - what a nice guy! I don't know if I would have made it in if there wasn't a soccer game! Thank the Lord for that! And so I got there pretty much on time anyway, because the traffic was light, and I ended up not being stressed. Yeah! And that was the last practice! (Well, except for the one today, before the fans get there. :) Oh, and because the Halftime show is all Jimmy Buffett songs, we're playing 'Cheeseburger In Paradise' and making:

for one of the 21 pages of charts we have for the show. I am luckily part of the meat. During 'Fins' we make a wave formation and a part of the band makes a big shark fin that goes after the cheerleaders. :) It's a fun time.

When I got home last night (and remembered that there was no new Monk) I went right in my room, put my horn and bag down on my disorganized and messy floor and crashed on my bed for an hour or two before my sister got home and I came out to visit for a moment.

This morning I slept in! And good thing too. Hmm, I've had breakfast, cleaned the bathroom, put all my junk away in my room, and shown my sister & company the Pigs Is Pigs movie after they read the story. LOL! Thanks for the links, Mike!

Jp

No comments: