Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back At It

Well, it was a pretty good game. At least they played with heart all the way through (scoring in the final seconds) instead of giving up as they've done in the past. Way too many penalties though. Maybe it's better this way: a slow turn around that becomes a habit of winning instead of a miracle win that makes the player's heads too big for their shoulders. Yeah, but a loss is a loss. Oh, well. It was a solid four days of Husky Football. I think beyond going to a rally or two, I'll only do a couple more of the games this year... Oct. 10 against Arizona and Nov. 28 against WSU. But we'll see.

My holiday weekend seemed only a regular two days, since that's all I had really "off". But my goodness, am I grateful for it! I slept in all the days, and had a pretty relaxing time in general.

Sunday, I had a lovely visit with a friend of mine, saw her new apartment, watched "Good Morning, Vietnam", played Phase 10 and listened to a lot of Christian music as she copied it from me and we laughed and talked into the night (there was a gorgeous sunset out her window - light yellow sky, bright pink-edged clouds, and a huge purple cloud bank on top of the dark outline of fir trees - ahhh!)

Yesterday was pretty slow. After getting up, and eating breakfast with the whole family, for once, :) I finally figured out how to take care of that pile of stuffed animals I had on my floor and I went shopping at Fred Meyer and found all sorts of good deals... the 60% off kind. Upon returning home, we watched our Netflix movie, "The Right Stuff" which Dad had seen before, but Mom and I had never seen all the way through. Yeah, they use 'Jupiter' when John Glenn blasts off. And it was a pretty darned good movie. Afterwards, Dad hit the sack and Mom and I did a little reading and praying. I suggested we read through Romans, and we did the first two chapters. I love Romans... it's difficult in parts, and it's usually surprising... even though I've read it a bunch. Jesus's teachings are so unnatural for us to follow: "Love your enemies", etc., and I need to be continually reminded of them in order to obey them.


So I've had my share of Football and Cold War era films this weekend... and here we are in another, albeit abbreviated, week. Yay.

[Here's a picture of my room, semi-picked up, at the least intimidating angle (you should see my desk and dresser to the right!) - and that's the bed on the extreme left. Just thought I'd add it as I was adding the other picture.]

Jp

No comments: