Thursday, September 3, 2009

And a Couple More Days

Hello, September!

I remember I did not particularly like Tuesday. My period had just started and it hurt like a bear. And I tried to get a flight to Asheville for Thanksgiving for my sister and I, using my 2 for 1 coupon through Delta. Of course, they wouldn't let me get the afternoon flight (the only one that would work) but only the red-eye that would put us there late, Thanksgiving morning. And the best return flight left two days after we had to leave. Boooo! And besides all that, there was anticipation for a couple things on Wednesday night. The day was just barely tolerable in general. I had meant to go to bed earlier than I did on both Monday and Tuesday... :) but Tuesday's late-night culprit was another movie: "Broken Arrow" with (cough) Mr. Boynton (lol).

Wednesday I got up a smidgen late for work, and therefore stayed a smidgen late after five. But that's definitely not what I was looking forward to. No, I was anticipating the first marching band rehearsal for the first (and only) football game this weekend where I get to march with the varsity band for Pregame and Halftime. We've officially dubbed it the "Varsity-Alumni Game", or V-A game. We learned all of the Pregame charts and the visiting school's fight song in the first hour-and-a-half, and we had a half-hour music sectional on halftime music, and then we learned the first chart for halftime, completing the three-hour practice. I didn't have time to eat dinner beforehand, because I had to stay at work so long... but I never got very hungry all night long, strangely enough. I think it was the excitement.

Today, all us ladies took our boss out to lunch at our usual place for a belated birthday. It was a good time... I tried something new! And like always, it was good. We got to talking about school, and they were very curious how I was taught, being homeschooled all the way through high school. It was a very nice time together. Tonight I packed a sandwich for dinner to eat in the car on the way... another rehearsal tonight! Hooo-rah! Hopefully, it will be fun again... it's always hard to get excited after the initial couple hours of practice. :)

Jp

No comments: