Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday in the Moonlight

Gosh, today has been so long, it felt like it was Tuesday by quitting time. Don't know why, particularly... I kept myself pretty busy all day at work. But compared to the last couple weeks, it has slowed down quite a bit. No immediate action needed on my data books, and there aren't too many documents to release (knock on wood).

Afterwards, I had time to come home and get a bite to eat before it was time to head over to the University to pick up my framed art from our photo show. It was just glorious when I crossed the bridge... the sun was radiant, causing the railings to light up like gold, and the water was such a bright turquoise, light blue, it almost looked a metallic color. I pulled up to the hospital just at the right time (amazingly enough) and met the take-down committee at the door with my photos. One of my classmates had organized a little get together after everyone was done with the photos. We met at "The Ram" bar & grill in University Village, just down the street, and over a dozen of us came. It was great to hang out for a little while with folks. Gosh, just over a month, and the next program is starting... I've known this group for almost a year!

I left the Ram a little past eight-thirty... and on the trip back across the water, I was treated to the gleam of the near-full moon reflecting on the lake. What a blessed evening.

Jp

No comments: