Saturday, May 30, 2009

In Addition

.
[to make mention of other happenings today: I went to a friend's wedding at 11 am. While I thought I'd be all alone (no one else from my family came), three good friends from the University Christian Fellowship were there as well and we had a wonderful time catching up.

I thought I would keep the dress on for the photography end-O'-the-year party in Seattle, but it came off about 15 minutes after coming home from the wedding and I couldn't get the gumption to put it back on. :) I'm not what you'd call a dress person. lol

And then while I was kinda tired from running around all day already, I had a fabulous time at the photography party. It was on a rooftop of an apartment complex right above the Puget Sound waterfront. The sun was brilliantly bright, it was in the upper 70's, the Sound was simply gorgeous with the light blues and peaches of the setting sun. Ships and ferry boats were coming and going and everything was very peaceful. I really love my classmates and teachers, and had a lovely time talking with them and some of their spouses.]

From Earlier:
WHAT A DEVIL DOG.

A pic of my brother! It's a screen shot from the platoon video.

And the link to the video where it comes from. He's in 1027.

Poor U.S. Army soldiers have to survive being called Doughboy, Dogface and GI, while the Marines have Leatherneck (dating back to the leather collars they wore in 1775 to avoid cutlass strokes to the neck) and Devil Dog (a name earned from the Germans in World War I... Belleau Wood, if I'm not mistaken. [ahh, I was right.])

(they have 3 battalions with 4 companies each, containing 6 platoons each in San Diego! whoa.)

WOW!!! (Jen is very proud)

Jp

No comments: