Friday, May 29, 2009

Fun in the Sun

It's cooled off now, but earlier today it must have been in the high 80's.

After work the girls and I went out to our favorite spot to eat, Coho Cafe in Redmond, to celebrate and say goodbye to a coworker who was retiring after 19 years in the office. We sat outside in the brilliant sunshine (my face is already a little red now), sipped a little wine and talked for a long time while our food was coming. It was a busy day for them. I found that I actually liked the wine... for the first time in my life. It was a very light Chardonnay. I just tasted it though, as I was more interested in my strawberry lemonade. I had light, Mediterranean chicken tacos and a seafood bisque... my staples at this place. Hey, once you find something you like... why bother with anything else?

I put more of those patches on my curtain today... 9 from different places I've been with the band. And in the middle of that, Dad had the TV on and from all the way back in my room I recognized the sounds of softball. And I was right: it was the 5th inning of the UW's second game of the series. They beat Arizona State 1 to 0 in the bottom of the 8th inning (that's an extra inning game for softball, as they usually only play 7). It was a nail-biter! The pitcher I mentioned earlier was pitching (and was all she was cracked up to be - allowing only 2 hits and no walks the whole game), there were spectacular plays, and in the end, we got a base hit with two outs and a runner on first and third... it just doesn't get any better than that!

I just returned from a walk with the dog... I think it might be time for a little Phase 10...

Ah, school's out.

Jp

No comments: