Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Morning!

I forgot to close my door when I went to sleep... so I was woken at 9 am or so, mostly by accident. maybe a nap is in order? hmm...

After talking with my sister for a while, I turned on the Husky softball game and watched nearly all of it, keeping it on, but silent from when it started at 10am to when it got over... gee, I think that was around 3pm. They lost it in extra innings to Georgia with a walk-off walk. Final score 9-8 in nine innings. But I did get to see the Husky grand slam live! That was "very exciting"!

The family came over at noon for lunch and visiting, and after the Husky game ended and the food was put away, my sisters and niece and nephew headed over to the neighborhood pool. Oldest sister swam with her kids and other sister was very kind to time me as I swam eleven 50-yard laps (roughly 550 yds - our pool is just short of 25 yards long) in 11:03 time... and that's with being interrupted once by a floating pool noodle! yay! The lifeguards were kind enough to allow a cord for a lap swim lane. :)

And just for fun, a self-portrait after getting home and cleaned up:

Jen says, "Hello there!"

Jp

[The rest of the day was occupied by laying down for a moment, taking the Dingo for a walk (a slow one as his knee is stiff), taking the bike out for a spin around the neighborhood and then watching two episodes of MASH (the first one was the Dreams episode, so it was rather necessary to watch another one.) And we were in bed by an astoundingly early 10:30!]

No comments: