Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mats & Frames

I didn't mention yesterday yet, because I stayed up late last night (after MASH... lol) to put my prints and mats in the frames. And then I remembered I still had to cut the acrylic myself... So after an hour or so and a couple cuts on my fingers, I finally put it all together. My! Does it look nice!













At this point, this is what I will display as my prints for our show. The tail and the eye pictures are cropped, so they couldn't go large. They have 12" sq. frames, with 6 & 1/2" of the print displayed. The wavy lionfish is full frame, in a 20" sq. frame with nearly 12" of the print displayed.

Tonight was our critique with a couple of program graduates who started their own photography business. I put my frames down first on the table, so I got the first critique. They loved my big pretty picture... and I do to. They thought that the one on the right doesn't quite go with the other two, but that's their opinion. They were reading movement into the group, but my statement is more about the form and beauty in the details of sea creatures.

It was a great class, to see everyone's hard work come to life.

Jp

(Images copyright Jennifer Payne, 2009. Web use is permitted.)

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow. Just gorgeous.