Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fun & Games

Yesterday after work I took it into my head that I'd like to try out my shelter halves (pup tent) from eBay because it was so darned nice outside... (I've been doing things impulsively lately)... so after washing our mountain of dishes from a week and a half (lol) I set it up in the backyard. Yesterday was pretty much a cleaning day after work. It's the first time I had time to myself in a while. After taking care of the kitchen and bathrooms, my sister and I scrounged up things to eat for dinner. For lunch I had a great sandwich: sourdough bread, humus, lettuce, Tillamook cheddar cheese, sliced turkey... Yum! Dinner was a little more hodge-podge. Nachos, Avocados, Egg Whites (lol), Pillsbury croissants, and candy cane cookies. LOL!

We then watched lots of MASH. In the middle of our third episode, Dad and Mom's friends came over (they needed a place to stay for last night and tonight). Very nice ladies! They knew them from their college days, way back when. The last time I had seen one of them, I was around 6 yrs. old. So we entertained them for a while and then they retired downstairs.

We finished the episode and then put in a Wallace & Gromit short from Netflix and then went to bed! I was wiped from a long day's work.

Camping in the backyard was so much fun! Even though the ground was a little hard, it really brought back the ROTC stuff we did at Fort Lewis. I woke up a couple times, but didn't have too much trouble sleeping. I woke up at 5:30am with the birdies! I always do wake up early when I sleep outside... and I feel rested and more refreshed when I do... odd. It's as if I got closer to nature and it rejuvenates me.

So after a fabulous quite time finishing up Galatians, which I got more out of than I usually do, I took some pictures of the lilacs, brought my gear inside, did 12 push-ups & 20 sit-ups, and then decided to go for a run around the block. As I was starting out I settled on only doing one lap, but as I circled around, I kept going and did two in 11 minutes. I drove the distance afterwords and found that once around is exactly half a mile. Not too bad, I guess.

Everyone else woke up after I got back inside. We all had some oatmeal and a nice conversation, sharing with each other how we found the Lord.

How this history major has fun:
















$23 for a new tent kit on eBay.
$10 for an old steel pot from the Army/Navy in Woodinville.
$? for a Korean War era jacket from my grandparents for Christmas in 1994...

One night in the backyard: Priceless :)

Jp

[later in the day, my sister and I went out to Panera Bread for lunch - our favorite spot! - and also stopped by Value Village. We both had a Mediterranean veggie sandwich and a rich tomato soup - and I found a nice softball bat at the store, good for playing in the park. But I left all the toys there this time... I'm running out of room in my room for toy dinosaurs and sea animals. lol! Back at the ranch, I cleaned a little more and prepared the strawberries for the evening dessert with our guests, between lying down for a quick half-hour nap.]

No comments: