Sunday, May 17, 2009

Night Night

Blasted alarm! I had forgotten to turn it off before... and it woke me up at Eight O'Clock! *Way* too early! LOL

But it turned out to be a good thing, as our guests were leaving, and they needed help finding a gas station. I went with one of them to fill up their tank prior to their leaving. And then I had a bite of breakfast, as all I had had for dinner yesterday was strawberry shortcake, and I was very hungry! My sister and I then listened to a podcast of a sermon, and then it was back to bed! She had to wake me up four hours later. Yikes! I had arranged to meet a friend, and 2PM was much later than I thought I would be. When I got up, Mom and Dad and Spiffy were safely back!

So my friend came by and we took off for a visit to the Tacoma Museum of Glass, which I had never been to. We only had an hour and a half before closing, but we fit in a demonstration of glass blowing, a short film and the galleries. It was great, incredible work! My favorite was a four foot structure of thin glass threads that were woven together to form a fly... but it was all quite amazing, all the fine artistry displayed.

The museum is on the Tacoma waterfront, so afterwords we took a walk and stopped to sit down at a pier to drink in the cool breezes, the smell of the sea and the golden sun. Mt. Rainier loomed huge on the horizon with the pure blue sky; it was a very fine evening. When we got home, we watched a movie that she brought called "I am Sam". Very touching story about a father and his daughter that was rather well done.

I took the doggie for a walk after my friend went home, as this week there were times I thought "Ooh, right now would be a good time for a wal..." and then remembered he wasn't here. He's pretty worn out from the trip, but bounced right up when I said "walk?". He went a little slower tonight, but picked up the pace, like usual, when I asked him if he needed a walk cookie when we got home. :)

Upon returning, I found myself singing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. LOL!

Time for bed! :-)

Jp

No comments: