Friday, May 1, 2009

It's May!

So the year is already a third over...
(As I realize it will only continue to speed up.)

I'm doing (or sorta doing) push-ups! My recruiter suggested doing a couple every morning and adding on slowly. I started with sorta 6 on Wednesday, did sorta 10 yesterday and did better on my sorta 10 today. I think this might all work out.
(As I realize how cool this is... Holy cow!)

And then I did another browse through the ALA (Amer. Library Assoc.) list of schools, and I am very interested in Pittsburgh. Never mind it's "America's Most Livable City" a couple years ago... (differing view)... never mind the program is rated in the top 10 by US News & World Report... never mind it has one of America's richest traditions in librarianship... never mind they have the most inviting web site... never mind they don't require the GRE... Hey! That's where my favorite TV show was set... 10+ years ago. LOL! I think I might consider avoiding mentioning that last one when I apply.

I'm thinking of doing this after the Navy, because it costs 30K a year... (only for a year though... if I was reading this right). Gee, the Navy would pay the whole thing along with 100% of living costs while in school. (As I realize I'm getting much too excited about this for now, and that I'm using italics way too much on this post.)

Classes this week were great! We learned more retouching on Tuesday, and yesterday we had a guest speaker who knew all about the business aspects of photography... copyrights, money, laws, bartering... and he was a nice person who wanted to get to know us. Pleasantly surprised!

And I showed new prints to my teacher, from my Bellingham/ Vancouver trip (which he liked - and I agree) after being totally shot down last week. Gee, last Thursday I was so mad, I was going to switch projects again, then and there. But I went home and told my folks about the Navy instead, which let me think about something else. And then I printed new pictures, which I knew from the start were better. Stubborn? That's me.

Jp

No comments: