Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yankee Doodling

What sun yesterday! And what rain and wind today!

It was brilliant sun outside... so I went with a friend to the theater. :)
We saw Disney Earth, which was fabulous! I hadn't seen Planet Earth... and I hear this was just a rehashing of it, but it was narrated by Darth Vader. It was just great! "Polar bear... I am your father. It is your destiny."

Afterwords we took real advantage of the sunshine and took a walk on the Sammamish River Trail and talked about our futures.

Back at home after dinner we had a very rare family discussion with a little bit of understanding. And then a little bit of MASH, and then a great episode of Mission:Impossible, with William Shatner, where they messed him up by making him think he was back in 1937. The usual 1970's show was much improved, I thought! :P

Today I thought I might be getting sick, so I thought I'd stay home from biking in the cold weather... I ended up feeling fine, and my sister went out to Carnation to drop something off and I went to ride my pony.

The rest of the day was spent sorting through my room that has gotten over-abundantly out of control. Mostly organizing books and sheet music, expanding a little into our extra bedroom.

And I finally saw 'Yankee Doodle Dandy'... and loved it! I even had a proud little American tear the first time they went through "Over There". :)

(sigh! just like when I was a kid and got teared up over "I'm Proud to be An American" at 4th of July shows at church - and promised myself I'd join the military the first day I turned 18 - LOL)

Jp

ps... and I forgot to mention about finishing up the story of Don Malarkey from the famed "Band of Brothers". His autobiography "Easy Company Soldier" was a very well told war story. I was riveted while on the road, listening. JBL did the honors of reading, and he was outstanding.

No comments: