Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Angry & Annoyed

5/21/09
[PS... I added a link to a site that well describes how scientific theories cannot be proven... and then they make a stupid observation themselves, about how "creation scientists are not talking about scientific knowledge". Sigh. I wonder how evolutionary scientists are different? Since they take their presupposed (non-scientific) ideas about the world (such as... there is no God) and apply them to their scientific theories. Hmm... sounds the same to me... People just think they're better because they are assuming and trusting in natural processes from the past rather than God. We can't observe either (it's historical science)... so what's the difference?]

Comments are welcome.

From Yesterday:
How long will it take people to realize that Historical Science (like the new "missing link" found yesterday in Germany) can never be Empirical Science?

Someone asked me once what it would take for me to be persuaded to believe the theory of macro-evolution. They wondered if a "proven missing link" would do it. I replied with something like, "I'd have to be shown how the theory works on a detailed level." For example, learning how mutations could make Dinosaurs take flight; how they could take a monkey and give it a soul and a conscience, not to mention a completely different backbone and all the other differences we have. And let's not forget the earth-shattering complexity of a mere cell, or about explaining how everything started in the first place. The very idea requires a limitless amount of earth history, and that is one thing we all know is surely false.

No, I think speculation about a single fossil animal will not help me forget the glaring and gaping holes in a very shaky theory. I will not be taken in for worrying about sticking out. Thank the Lord I am not in my old physiology class today. I think I would have been bombarded with unclear thinking. I was nearly laughed out of the 300 person classroom once for trying to explain and defend the other side of the story when it was being miss-represented. Discrimination? Well, the Lord did tell us to rejoice. So, thank you, classmates and professor; it was an honor (said un-sarcastically, but with a twinkle in the eye). God bless that one girl who thanked me afterwords... surely she was heaven sent.

Oh, and once in a discussion during Oceanography class, a student claimed that there was a full set of transitional forms that had already been discovered. They were taught this and saw the picture in their textbook in high school, so it must be true, right?

And people are calling this "missing link" amazing new evidence! BROTHER!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's all about a person's perspective on history.

An idea: an infinitely intelligent mind created infinitely complex beings. I was amazed in Physiology how much we still don't understand about ourselves. What does not make sense is the idea that science is abandoned with this belief. On the contrary! Science itself begins to make sense when considering that everything was done with a plan and on purpose!

(sigh)
Jp

No comments: