Thursday, May 21, 2009

Statement of... Science

It may appear that I accepted the creation model, based on my belief in God.

But I reply... While I did grow up in a Christian home, I had natural doubts about God's existence and the truth of the gospel. Every person should consider what they believe and know why they believe it. But when I doubted, I also remembered the world. In looking at it, I am convinced that there is no other possibility for how it works other than it was created. It screams that it was designed. The tilt of the earth, the distance from the sun... the list goes on.

I believe in the creation model because it makes more sense than its evolutionary counterpart. Believing in God requires much less faith than believing in trillions of mutations and chance over unimaginable lengths of time.

As the psalmist put it, much more eloquently than I, "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies proclaim the works of his hands... There is no speech where their voice is not heard."

Jp

No comments: