Saturday, April 11, 2009

Biking, Crashing and Printing

I had planned on getting up at 9:30, but I woke myself up just before 8... turned out it was good I did! I got lots of stuff done: washed the bed, ate breakfast, wrote a letter... and I left in time, about 20 to 11 AM.

Biking was really good! We went on the Burke-Gilman to Bothell and back. I tried out using my bike's stirrups this time and only fell over once. LOL! But then there was that other time I was stopping and I rode into the chain link fence on the bridge... red mark on the shoulder! And the leg is already sore. The ride took a long time because someone needed a flat changed in Bothell. We didn't get back until 3PM.

After that, I went to the Art building on upper campus to print from yesterday's photo shoot at the Seattle Aquarium (at which I spent four hours - and loved every minute of it - good thing I had a spare battery and spare 4GB card - LOL!) And I printed 10 photos to show in class. It took until 5PM to select the ones I wanted (out of 400+) and then actually print. I'm glad I took the time to convert them last night!

So I'm switching the project to abstract/macro aquarium pictures because I love fish so much, and I want to show the beautiful detail of smaller, less noticed things. Most people in aquariums fly right by most of the beauty. It's a shame, but I understand why they do it... little kids! Oh, little kids at aquariums are so funny to watch! I remember myself when I see them staring with wide eyes at the big fish.

I could spend my whole life watching the fish! :)

So my sister and I are alone this weekend, and tonight we had a lovely steak dinner together, pan seared with spices. And then some avocados and garlic sourdough bread. yum! Tomorrow will be the most odd Easter ever... just the two of us!

Jp

2 comments:

Linda said...

What are stirrups on a bike? I looked up "bicycle stirrups" and "bike stirrups" on Google and found only a gadget that holds your pants down. That doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

niferjen said...

LOL!

No, they don't hold my pants down.

I'm not sure exactly what they're called, but they are plastic nets with adjustable straps attached to the bike pedals that hold your feet in place... and supposedly help you use strength on the upward motion of the pedal rotation. I didn't feel a difference worth mentioning... that, and they were a little too small for my big feet... so I might look in to taking them off before my next ride.