Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Brief Recap

Easter Sunday was very odd, but also quite enjoyable... especially from 1 - 2 AM... LOL! My sis and I were alone for much of the day, so after listening to a sermon, we watched Toby Tyler... and I remembered much of it for watching it so long ago. We thought we'd get work done at the same time, but we were both so enthralled with watching it again, that we did nothing but eat pizza during it. This was followed by some MASH, and then my parents returned. And after a short respite, we watched another one. Odd, odd, odd, but fun.

Monday, after a very dull day at work, I went to school to work in the lab on this week's assignment that I couldn't figure out how to do on my laptop. And it took a while. And then I came home, watched one MASH and went to bed after a quick snack.

Yesterday, Tuesday, was absolutely wonderful! I took a day off work, got up at 5:20AM, drove with my sis to her job at the Community College in Covingiton to watch her teach logic (and get a refresher, myself - I get to supervise 3 homework days the first week of May). After that and an hour of office hours - during which I read - we had brunch at Subway and went shopping at Fred's where I found athletic pants and a couple tops. Still in Covington, we took Hwy 18 to I-90 to Preston where we headed out to Carnation to go horseback riding. It took forever to brush them, as they are beginning to shed. Roo was awful for picking his feet again, but he was fine when I got up; and very patient too... I had my camera along to take more soft pictures of the forest. On the trail past the power lines, we saw a wild coyote come walking onto the trail from the brush ahead, only 10 yds away. The dogs took off, chasing it... stupid things! Thankfully they came back to us without any trouble.

The weather was very off and on... the sun broke through thick clouds when we were brushing and picking, but it was lightly hailing when we were returning from the trails. There was a slight dusting of snow along the trail as we went. Wild!

We got back to the house just in time for me to take off to class after changing my pants and retrieving my purse, which I had left on my chair that morning. Class was fabulous! We learned to make a PDF slide show in Photoshop, and then how to combine multiple pictures for even exposure. And then we had a mini assignment to go out and take pictures on campus for over an hour! What pure fun! I got a little carried away! This week, we are to use the pictures we took and make a slide show and a combined picture. :)

And I successfully bid for the Elkhart trumpet I was watching on eBay. LOL! (No, no... I actually wanted a trumpet in the first place. I used to play trumpet in Jr. High before I switched to horn. Having it be an antique made in Elkhart during the 1930's is an added pleasure :)

Today, work has been steady and engaging. I wish I could take every Tuesday off!

Jp

[Update, April 14, 2013: Easter Sunday, April 12, from around 1-2 am, was the first time my husband Mike and I talked on the phone. At this point in life I was still worried about saying too much on the Internet, for fear of who should know what about me. We were chatting later than everyone else, as usual, and suddenly we were talking about phone calls, and suddenly I gave him my home phone number. He called and we were both a little nervous, but had a whale of a great time talking vocally for the first time.]

No comments: