Saturday, March 7, 2009

What in the World?

Snow again! If that doesn't beat all!
Poor little flower shoots, ready for Spring!

Friday I had a terrible dentist's appointment... just the regular 6 mo. job. But they starting out by probing my gums, seeing how far they've receded. And they're not in all that great of shape, partly due to the business of my schedule these last few months. And so, she tried to be nice, but everything she did rubbed me the wrong way. I think I was surprised/upset at finding this out. I'm usually okay with her... she's been doing my teeth practically my whole life. Another factor was how sunny it was outside, combined with how many things I was dying to go do. At least it's only two hours a year... plus another half-hour this year since I have a tiny cavity. Darn!

So that afternoon, Mom suggested we go out to a movie, so she, Dad and I went to see Clint Eastwood's new movie 'Gran Torino'... and I liked it. The ending even surprised me! I've never seen Clint in the actual theater before... LOL.

I did a lot more work cleaning out my old laptop and filling up this one. My parents are going to use my old one, so it'll still be around. Today I loaded my old Office program from 2003... yey! I don't need to buy it again!, Photoshop, and the DNG converter from Adobe. Along with sorting out all my pictures from my external hard drives and making sure there were copies to go around. Phew!

And then I went on a little shopping trip to Fred Meyer to update some clothes for work. Very quick and satisfying. Yey! again. I then stopped off at Value Village to donate some old ones, and then visited Shuck's Auto Supply for new wiper blades.

So, I'm going to work on cleaning up one of my negative scans from Tuesday in Photoshop. And maybe try and decide what prints I want to show on Thursday for the final class of our second of three quarters. Next time, it will be the exhibition in the UW Medical Center. Yey!

Jp

No comments: