Monday, February 16, 2009

Lovely, Lovely!

Had a wonderful Sunday with a dear friend! She was house sitting, taking care of a dog, right on the Arboretum in Seattle. So we went for a walk at noon around the core of the park, came back to drop off the dogs, and then went out on the water trail that I've wanted to do for years but never got around to. It was so pretty and lonely! The sunshine I had seen that morning, coming over, had vanished behind a thick cover of clouds. But at least it was still pleasant: not warm, but not bitterly cold either. I took more pictures for my project... I think I need to work on selecting now... LOL

We got done with the walk around 3, and returned to the house. I showed her some fun stuff, like my WENN website and facebook group... and so we ended up watching "On the Air" on the internet (I am very grateful for whoever posted the whole series!) She, of course, loved it (who doesn't?). She thought that the characters sort of mimicked the roles they played on the opening sequence of 'The Hands of Time'. An interesting first impression...

And then we did work on Photoshop together... and then we went to her church together... Mars Hill in Ballard. This has been my third time visiting, and again I am impressed with how they are very culturally different from churches I usually go to (they are geared towards college age people), but how steadfastly they teach love and trust in Jesus. It's so cool to know how different we all are, but also to know that we are all loved by the same, unchangeable God.

And we rocked out to Jon Foreman in my car.
Aaah... sweet fun.

Jp

No comments: