Thursday, February 5, 2009

Going, Going... It's Almost Friday!

My goodness, these last two days have been hectic!

I started out mondo tired from staying psyched up from the amazing concert until midnight-thirty Wednesday morning. I've been really busy at work (which is a good thing, I assure you), but running low on energy.

Class on Wednesday night was really difficult, with me being tired and all the stuff we were learning... more functions in Photoshop... It was a really good thing I got there early, even though it makes my work hours irregular.

Class tonight was again, inspiring and fun. We were supposed to have prints from our projects, so I went in early again to print and I came out with four. Two of my classmates came in after me, and we had a jolly good time! I helped Susan with our Tuesday class assignment and Frank with printing his pictures... I felt very useful for the first time. All the other times people have been helping me.

So we started class with a critique, and again, I was a little surprised at and thankful for the comments I got. I'm really glad I printed that last picture... I like it best too.

The movie we watched tonight was on Richard Avedon. He was most famous for his fashion photography, but what I loved was his portraits of faces. He knew how to read faces, and he was very... maybe honest is a good word... in how he portrayed them. I loved how the movie had people's comments playing as you saw the picture they were talking about. I loved how he thought that good photography is that which makes you think about the picture and usually makes you uncomfortable somehow. He also firmly believed that the photographer is "in charge" of the subject. I wish I could remember everything he said. I thought that this film was more thought-provoking than the others we have watched. I just love this class.

When I got home around 9:45, I ate some salad and leftover spaghetti and then took Spiffy for a walk. I took my camera along and discovered that I love it even more! It shoots wonderfully at night! Sigh of contentment.

Jp

No comments: