Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Playing Hookey!

TUESDAY, Feb. 3rd:

Long day at work! Since the line at Denny's was so long, Dad got me breakfast at work. Around 9 in the morning we had one of those ridiculous "All Hands" meetings, where the head cheese from Sacramento comes up and several people talk about money for two-plus hours. They always give me splitting headaches. I was fine until about 10:28, when my pen ran out of ink. Thankfully, medicine made me feel fine for the rest of the day. I'm so glad I can go home for lunch every day! The guy that ran the Document Control department left the company to go back to school early last month... and he left a heck of a mess of drawings and documents to file... so that's how I spent all afternoon: sorting them so they are ready to get put away.

Instead of going to class (I'm going to the section B class tonight to make up), after a quick snack of vegetable soup, fresh French bread and string cheese at home, my good friend came over and picked me up along with her brothers to go see Jon Foreman in his new indie band "Fiction Family". The concert was in a small little bar/club in East Seattle and it was very cozy... and absolutely amazing! While waiting for it to start, we went and had English style fish and chips at the place next door. Yuuummm! I had catfish with the creamiest tarter sauce I've ever had.

Now Jon Foreman is my most favorite singer/songwriter, as the lead singer in "Switchfoot", and I think I have a crush on him. Hey! He was awfully cute in his sweater and tie... and he's finally cut his hair to shoulder length! LOL! He sang like I've never heard him before and he sang two of my favorites from his EP's. There was lots of variety to the evening, with a good opening band, and the sister violinist of the other member of the band (who used to be in a band called Nickel Creek). Oh, my goodness gracious! I've never heard such good music live! Jon played his guitar, his harmonica, a banjo on one song, and the keyboard. LOVE LOVE LOVE! LOL!

Jp

No comments: