Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blue Skies

Even though it was totally overcast today (until about 2 pm) I had a lovely day. I got up at 9 like usual for a Saturday, to pick up my room and make myself some eggs. It was just Brian and Jeremy and I again, and this time we went 9 miles north on the Burke-Gilman trail to Lake Forest Park... and had Subway when we got there. It took us 40 minutes each way. It was my first time on my old favorite trail on my new ride, and it was so different!

When we got back to the U around 1 pm, the guys took off and I spent an hour or so on the wetlands trail with my camera. Had lots of fun with the herons, red-winged blackbirds, and several varieties of ducks. The sun came out a little later, and my battery died. It's was still on the first charge from when I bought it... a while ago! I'm very pleased with it.

When I got home, I noticed that my car was very dirty from all the sand on the roads, so I wiped it down until it shone. And then I wiped down my bike and then my GI boots, which were still dirty from riding horses last week. When I got done with all of that, I was worn out, so after some food, I took an hour nap. Boy, did that feel good!

Jp

No comments: