Sunday, November 16, 2008

Running Around Again

Ah, being on campus at the end of the day,
The light blues of the sky are changing to grey.
As I walk down the sidewalk with the smell of the trees,
I savor the sunset shining through all the leaves.

The weather is colder than earlier this fall,
But my sweatshirt is sufficient in spite of it all.
I can't but sigh with longing for the light just to stay,
Ah, being on campus at the end of the day!

Jp

I was feeling a little poetic as I left the U this afternoon, after arriving at 10AM for some photo printing, and then swinging by "Lower Campus" to play with the Alumni band for the women's basketball opener. Printing went very well - I completed what I needed to for class this week, which was fine art prints from our first 3 assignments. The game started at 2pm and went until 4. The women fared much better than the football team did yesterday; they only lost by 6 points instead of 20. It was a fun gig though. I was the only Mellophone, and I sat next to a very nice baritone player. We kept the crowd rocking for quite a while.

So here I am at home. Tonight we're going to be watching the first installment of Pride & Prejudice, the 1995 miniseries. And then, I will probably crash. LOL

J

No comments: