Saturday, November 15, 2008

Crazy Day

Well, today was crazy, but not yesterday. Friday after work I came home and did some sewing. First I fixed my co-worker's leather coat that was tearing at the pocket, then I sewed 17 new patches on my closet curtain. Gosh, that was a lot! But now my curtain is really cool to look at! I collect patches from places that I've visited, sort of as a way to remember them. And I've always loved patches for some reason. I didn't get hungry until late at night, so I went out to Red Robin with my sister and had a good time.

Today, however, I got out of bed running. My sister had a wonderful idea to have some friends of hers bring their little girls out to Carnation for some riding. They had three girls, so everyone got to ride! They all really enjoyed it, so it was a perfect morning! When I got home around 2:30, I took off for Seattle to pick up some more film and photo paper from the camera store and then went to the U for the beginning of the football game.

So at 4 or so, the Alumni Band started on our circuit, playing for fans for a couple hours (my chops are shot). It was weird to do all of this with it pitch dark outside. We were done by 6:20 or so, and I made my way to hang out with the Varsity band Mellos... and Natalie... which was very fun! I haven't seen her for lots of weeks. I was able to get there in time to participate in all the Mello pre-game rituals - running in an oval and slapping hands while singing the Alma Mater (with choreography) - LOL - and it was worth it to go just for that. I really didn't care about the football game, but I did stay through the first two drives down the field. When I left about a half-hour after kickoff, the Huskies had just tied the score on a lucky turnover. As of right now, they're losing. So what's new?

Jp

No comments: