Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bleak Light

I didn't even sleep in as long this morning as I did yesterday! And yet I stayed up later than the night before... lol. I suppose having two good sleeps in a row helps quite a bit.

But now it got to be 6pm, and it's pitch black outside! Here we go into the heart of fall, ever leading to Winter and December... yikes!

Anyway, this morning I listened to a sermon on Christian kindness from a couple weeks ago with my sister, and messed around in my room, setting up where I'm going to sew the patches I got recently on my closet curtain. Mom and I then headed off to church and I got to drive the new family car, a Buick Rendezvous (that we affectionately named Frogs - the car has a French name :) At this point we're in a passage in 1 Thessalonians 5, and again, the message was very good. It was good to be back in church, since I hadn't been able to make it for quite a few weeks in a row.

After lunch with the family, which was breakfast... yum! I headed out to take some pictures for this week's assignment, which is half focused in "depth of field" and half in stopping & blurring motion. We're supposed to be creative, and it's hard for me to do that at the drop of a hat. I ended up liking the pictures I took for depth of field (we'll see how they turn out), but I'm a little unsure about how to be creative with motion/shutter speed. Eeeek.

So, Becky came over tonight after her work and we partook of the next disc of Remember WENN, including "Drama vs. Comedy", "Who's Scott Sherwood", "The New Actor" and "Two for the Price of One". Becky now fully understands my feelings for Mr. Sherwood. Holy Toledo! WSS makes me angry! And then I practically die when Betty hears Jonathan Arnold in the "New Actor". So romantic. (sigh) And then to realize that "Two for the Price of One" is dated by two separate instances... gosh! Too bad Mr. Holmes couldn't spread out the dating of his episodes a little more! Well, we know that one's in June 1941, for crying out loud. What about the others?!!!

I'm just lovin' watching these again! A bunch of the enjoyment is lost when listening to episodes... you miss all those looks and glances... the ones that make this show really outstanding. Okay, I suppose I should stop raving about a show that was canceled ten years ago... but I can't. :)

Jp

No comments: