Monday, September 29, 2008

What a Sunday!

Even though I didn't drive my new car because I still have to insure it first, I had an amazing day.

Another good sermon, this time talking about how we should live, knowing that the Lord could return anytime, and the first thing Paul mentions is Patience. The pastor first showed us with scripture how important patience is to God, and how it's something that we need God's help with, since it isn't natural for humans (I can attest to that!). The sermon really opened my eyes to the issue in my own life. It's a good thing that the Lord is patient with us.

Right after chruch, I had to fly to meet Natalie at the U for a morning of canoeing, because I was way too optimistic on how early I could meet. It was a wonderful day for canoeing. There were no clouds, and the water was calm, with only a very slight, refreshing breeze. There are a bunch of wetlands all around Lake Washington near the UW. We saw many ducks of various kinds, a few turtles on logs and swimming in the water, and a great blue heron fishing for breakfast. I adore canoeing, and especially loved that Natalie was doing the steering so I could just paddle and not think about anything but our conversations.

After we made it out of the water without getting wet, we headed up to the Ave for lunch and settled on a nice, sit-down Mexican restaurant called Don Eduardo. Mmm. It was my second time there.

Apparently, school started on the 24th, so she had to get back for some study time. That's one thing about being graduated that I don't miss so much. I say that a week before my class starts! Eeek! So the Seattle Public Library had a sale this weekend at Magnuson Park on Lake Washington (an old NAS from 1924 to 1970) in an old aircraft hanger. I found a history of flight (appropriately), a biography of Churchill and a different book of his later war speeches, a couple more histories and biographies, the first Hornblower book, several children's books, and only paid $7, because it was the last two hours of the weekend sale, and everything was half-price (and it wasn't overly crowded either)!

I then headed over to Becky's place for a couple games and a wonderful movie. It was 'Ladies in Lavender', a 2004 British film set in 1938, Cornwall, England. It was just gorgeous! It made me wish (again) that I lived then. The plot was odd, but interesting. I didn't mind at all! The acting was phenomenal - the lady that plays James Bond's boss played the main role, and I didn't realize it was her until we watched the interviews after the movie. Holy cow! They were all great.

And then we went to a late, fabulous dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and parted ways so we could get to work in a timely fashion the next day.

I haven't packed this much into one day in a while!
Sundays are just great! Especially cool, sunny ones.
Jp

No comments: