Friday, September 26, 2008

Big, BIG, News

Old Red, and my new one, Big Blue!

I bought the car!!! Oh, it was a really good deal! And I did a lot of driving it back and forth between my mechanic in Kirkland and the dealership in Seattle, but it was a good thing I did! The mechanic pointed out a few important things that needed fixing, and also suggested bringing in a cashier's check for under what I wanted to pay, and the dealer included all those things fixed, plus the taxes and tabs and licence, all for less than the asking price! So, I ended up with a beautiful, blue 2003 Subaru Forester with around 80k miles on it. Whoo-Hoooo! This is a way better deal than I would have gotten on the green one last week. The Lord is generous.

I just got back from this week's band rally at the U. It was wonderful fun. We play sets for three of the dorms, and we stop and play 8 or 9 times in the Greek system, and then come back to the main square on campus (called Red Square, because it's paved with brick) and play a set for whoever followed us there. We had quite a big crowd tonight because all the students are moved in for the start of classes this week. It's an hour and a half of playing, so the chops are tired by the end, but it's a blast of a time.

Pictures coming tomorrow... [they've come... 9/29/08]
Off to bed.
Jp

2 comments:

VanillaRose said...

It's very pretty. :)

And the rally was fun. I'd go again. :)

Linda said...

Nice car, Jen! What are you doing with the old car--will it go as a trade in now that you know the new one is okay? Or are you going to donate to a charity? That's what I did with my Honda.