Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday, Sep. 14

With lunch and cake and presents for a mutual celebration of my niece Rebekah's 4th birthday and my friend Becky's birthday (september 9th and 10th respectively), my aunt and uncle and grandma - who is 94 this year (I really should write down her history) - came over to celebrate with us. My poor grandma! It's so hard for her to hear and she gets dizzy when she walks. It doesn't help that she is strong willed and tries to go much faster than her body will let her. I think her hearing bothers her the most. I can't imagine what that would be like... to have to wear a hearing aid with screaming kids and barking dogs... to just try to hear normal conversation. :( We all spent a few hours together, but they had to leave after a while to get her home.

Becky stayed a while longer, and so we caught up on some more Remember WENN. We made it through Radio Silence along with the next two - INPYMAWA, as I now affectionately call it, and Newsday - however this couldn't last forever either since tomorrow was another working day for Becky and me.

In a sudden crazy frenzy of WENNish thoughts about time-lines and plots, I simply had to stick in Magic/Small Hours. I couldn't wait for it any longer. Mom says that they are the best episodes of the series, and I think I agree. (it really is hard to pick just one favorite - or pair of favorites) I remember watching the end of Magic for the first time and having goosebumps when she walked down the hall... and all of the stories that it generated... my sister and I had to share a room in those days, so every night for gosh, however long it took until Small Hours premiered, my sister told me short WENN stories at night, finding a different solution to what actually happened. We came up with a formula: was it to be set immediately after or on the next day? was it just like they were telling it or was it completely different? oh, what times we had. She always told me that I couldn't laugh quietly enough. LOL! Haha! Anyway, mom and dad sat down with the two of us and we watched them again. Ah, what sweet television. There is nothing else like it - ever. I can't stand how romantic and dramatic and well acted and well shot that last scene is. And then to cap it off with Scott's hilarious lines... (she curtsies to Rupert) Thank you, from the bottom of my romantic heart. (I mean that in all sincerity, with hilarity)

Okay, I'm done talking about WENN for one night. I think.

And Becky, I did make it to bed by midnight, like I promised. LOL! And I can't wait until we make it through all those awesome season two episodes to end with Magic, where I will make you wait at least one night until we watch the next one. J/K! I'm just bitter because I had to wait months for it to come out... haha... Okay... that's it now. I promise this time.

I'll be surprised if anyone has the patience to wade through this entire, silly post. LOL

Jp

4 comments:

niferjen said...

Rodney, I'm entirely in your debt because of your walk-through of Small Hours - I never heard Mr. Dunlap's line about lead weights in pockets until I read it - and now I hear it every time! HA! My first reaction to your comment of "I want ten more years of Remember WENN" was "Only ten?" I'm right with you :)

VanillaRose said...

Haha, I'm glad you got some sleep. :)

And I did make it through this post. :)

Rodney said...

C. J.? I'm all alone in her with Mr. Dunlap.

niferjen said...

Betty, Don't you think we should go in there and do something?