Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday, In & Out

Got up early enough to make & eat eggs, wash my dishes, and sweep the floor before going to the Presbyterian church, down Chatsworth, across from the library, to help sort Angel Tree presents for an hour. I thought we'd be wrapping them, but I guess not! There was another young lady there who had recently joined the church... a Naval officer from the air station, training to be a SH-60S pilot. She was a few years younger than I... that's amazing to me. We talked about our various situations a little. She's also newly married, but to a submarine man.

Since it didn't take long to finish, I crossed the street when we were done and volunteered at the library for a few hours. Checked in Hold items, and shelved them, then found a bunch more from the shelves and checked those in too. While in audiobooks, I found a misfiled copy of "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", which I've had a hold on for months... 6th in a line of 16 for it... so I took that up to check if it was supposed to be on hold for somebody in front of me, but it said no! So I checked it out myself and cancelled my hold! :) Normally, I wouldn't read a self-help book like this, but it's on the Navy suggested reading list for E-4 and below. We'll see how it goes... it's only three discs. And I can listen to it in January, because they can be out that long!

Came home and ate my leftovers from last night: the little bit of orange chicken, and practically the whole egg flower soup. So good! Started my laundry, then decided to watch the rest of the Army/Navy game on channel 8... it worked when I put up the antenna, like my landlady said. And Navy won! It was a close game... I turned it on in the end of the 3rd quarter.

Then I headed over to the Naval Air Station on Coronado for a bit of the Holiday Navy Band Concert... with a wonderful carol sing-a-long medley at the end. Then I shopped at the commissary and got lots of good groceries for a pretty good price. Returned home, and folded the laundry, had some of my newly purchased Town House crackers with Tillamook cheese and summer sausage. And I watched the movie I got from the library a couple days ago... "A Patch of Blue" with Sidney Poitier from 1965. I loved it so much I cried a couple times. It was very good.

Fun little chat tonight! Practically everyone was on!

Jw

No comments: