Friday, December 9, 2011

Free for the Weekend

We got out of class at 2pm... I checked the mail and got some cash out of the ATM before going home. At home, my dishes were dirty from the morning's oatmeal and in my room. My landlady was also making breakfast this morning and I needed to stay out of her way... so I left them dirty for the first time. :)

My housemate, Emily, came in to chat after I finished watching yesterday's event in the advent calendar (some days I get behind). She wanted someone to talk to... the first group of people from her internship with the Navy dolphin program left today... and her's ends the day I leave for home. I showed her the giant spider crab pic and video I put on FB, and she admired my wooden octopus on my wall as well. We have a common interest :)

Decided to go out to dinner together at the Chinese Food mom & pop place on Shelter Island Dr. at 5:30, but first I went to the library for an hour to exchange my Henry book for another (Justin Morgan) and do a little re-shelving. It seems I always do the audiobooks... suppose that's because I like them myself (and a lot of other people do too). Picked up "A Christmas Carol" because I've never read it before.

Dinner was great! Tried out some orange chicken for the first time, and I tried a little of Emily's Kung Pao chicken. Dropped her back at the house, then continued on to Balboa Park for the Globe's new musical romance "Some Lovers". I liked it alright... the songs were pretty good, but the storyline left a little to be desired. It was based on O'Henry's "Gift of the Magi", but the guy never figured out what to give until the very end of the play.

Jw

No comments: