Sunday, December 11, 2011

Little Joys

That was, in fact, the topic of this third weekend of advent... Joy... following Hope and Peace. A good sermon, and I walked in on the singing of It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.

Then on my way to try and find Christmas cards... which I didn't find yet... I discovered a pair of presents for my niece and nephew that they will adore! And then I had a free sample of fried Swai fish... a river catfish from Asia... and discovered that $2.50 would buy me two filets, cooked the same way for free... takeout from the grocery store!

After eating that, a few of the shrimp I got and some Brussel sprouts for a tasty lunch, I went to the library again, for a cart-and-a-half of DVDs, and a single load of audio books. Took a good two hours! Then I picked up some free stuff... lots of people drop off boxes and bags of books they don't want anymore... more than the library can or wants to handle. Got Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, a short collection of O'Henry with Gift of the Magi included, a CD of Vivaldi's Four Seasons (what timing), as well as The Empire Strikes Back Original Soundtrack and a few children's books.

Then I dropped by Stump's Market across the street to pick up some things for having hotdogs at the small group meeting tonight at the church. We read a couple chapters, but soon the church's program, Gifts for the King, was going to start. It's simply a few of the more talented members who get up and sing, read or play an instrument to the glory of God... sort of like a talent show with no voting. We began it by singing Christmas hymns from the hymnbook, and I enjoyed it all very much!

So winds down my last weekend before break! Tomorrow is my duty day, and the final practical test... after that, I won't have much of consequence before leaving Friday night!

Jw

No comments: