Saturday, November 12, 2011

Staying Dry, Mostly

Except for a brief interlude around 10 this morning, when I had to go to base for a little while, it rained rather hard all day. I woke up early, and finally got up around 7... made myself a small breakfast of toast and scrambled eggs (with grated cheese from my brand new grater), and watched the Veggie Tales movie "Jonah" (2002) I got at Target the other day for a couple dollars. Cute, as always, but I think I'll give it away.

When I got back from doing my duty, and got done playing around on Facebook, I went out for lunch to the Corvette Diner, just on this side of Liberty Station. Had a hot tea and the nicest Swiss & mushroom burger I've ever had. It was a bit of an experience... it's loud in there, but very pleasant. They have old '50s tv shows playing on screens, have a milkshake bar, and have a corvette just inside the front door. Every hour the waitresses do a dance around the place along with a song playing on the Jukebox. Goodness, they really go all-out there! I went in my uniform, because I was still on call as a backup duty driver.

Came back and watched the 3rd film from the library: "Northanger Abby" by Masterpiece Theater. I hadn't known the story, but I liked it. I look forward to reading the book now. This lasted until watch was over.

There was an incredible sunset tonight... bright gold shining through the clouds onto the slick roads... was able to get outside to get a few shots off and loaded them onto FB. Watched "Hidalgo" after making myself a dinner of mac'n cheese with hotdogs, then Brussel sprouts, peaches, and iced tea. And chatted with Linda, James and Emma for a bit. But now I think it is time to lie down. :)

'Night!
Jw

No comments: